PLEASE!!!

SCROLL DOWN THROUGH OLD BLOG POSTS AND VIEW PICTURES AND SLIDE-SHOWS!

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

The Little Dog

I wish Christ had a little dog
All soft and loving like mine,
With two long ears and a nose all wet,
And big brown eyes that shine

I know that He hadn't because I have read
How He prayed in the garden alone;
For all the disciples had fled from his side...
Even Peter...the one called a stone.

I'm sure that a little dog
With a heart so tender and warm
Would never had left Him to suffer alone
But would have crept up under His arm

Would have licked the dear fingers in agony clasped
And counting all favors but loss,
When they took Him away, would have trotted along
And followed Him right to the cross.

ua

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very sweet story, keep up the good work.

BD said...

I love this - thanks!! - C