PLEASE!!!

SCROLL DOWN THROUGH OLD BLOG POSTS AND VIEW PICTURES AND SLIDE-SHOWS!

Tuesday, February 2, 2010

The Chase!

I originally posted this in November, 2007. Seems mornings never change. Things are still the same...except...a few of the critters has changed. "Issac" the sheep found a new home with a vet assistant, "Snoop Dog" and "Little Kim" the 2 black "quiet" ducks found a new home with a family that deals with just fowls...that is a strange word! We have a bunch of new chickens, of unintended sorts...that is another post in it's self! And, of course, we now have "Noodle" the poodle! Anyway...let me tell you how my day starts!

Mornings! I drag myself out of bed…down the stairs…all I want to do is throw myself on the chair and sip coffee…but noooo! I have animals! The “mouse” (Mickey the wiener dog) is scratching at his bedroom door to go out. I open his door and he does about 20 3-foot verticals while waiting for me to get my shoes and coat on--now Noodle joins in...she can get some air! I take a deep breath and giggle out loud as I open the door. I take off running and scream as I look behind me…pretending to be in a horror movie. I am being chased by 24 chickens 2 ducks 4 dogs and 3 cats, at the same time the horses are running, bucking, snorting and farting in the pasture. Sometimes I intentionally fall on the ground…they all stop…stare at me, except those who pounce on me…I get up, start running again and they all chase me! I feed them, they forget I exist. I go back inside to drink my coffee. Now I’m awake!

Oh, I've gotta get this on film!

2 comments:

Pastor's Blog said...

Wow! I got tired reading. Those furry and feathery friends must get you really worn out at times. And you are right, that would all look good on video. Good writing, and reading.

BD said...

Gotta have a video of this -- even post it on YouTube - should win awards all over the place!!